[237120, A1] Wk 1: Task 1 -Influences and Aspirations (Part 2)
Art to me represents the telling of stories; the visual representation of the sum of the artist’s experience and beliefs. This crosses all boundaries of practice, media and era; from Michelangelo to Yoko Ono. I want my work to express stories, of who I am and of the places/people I depict.
The following artists have been of great inspiration, largely due to their technical mastery within their practices. Their art lies not purely on screens or canvas, but in the space between that and the audience wherein it is interpreted – an ability I strive to emulate in my own work.
- 5 Centimeters Per Second. Dir. Makoto Shinkai. Perf. Kenji Mizuhashi and Satomi Hanamura. 2007. Film.
- Brothers, The Clayton. I Am Proud of You Today. Mark Moore Gallery. Ignition Publishing. New York, 2003. Mixed Media .
- Buonarroti, Michelangelo. The Last Judgement. La Cappella Sistina , Rome. Fresco.
- Ono, Yoko. Cut Piece. Carnegie Recital Hall, New York . Performance Art.
- Viola, Bill. Five Angels for the Millennium. Tate Modern , London . Film Installation.